This silent guided retreat will focus on two themes – intertwined: The ‘reality/ies of Grace’ and ‘film as both art and parable’. Together we will reflect on the various aspects of ‘real grace’ As experienced in our concrete daily lives – our own ‘’lived stories’ alive with Grace. Morning presentations and evening film screenings will hopefully encourage us to pray with God’s movements in our lives – including through the power of the art of films as parables of Grace.
- the power of grace
- how does grace change us?
- integrating the ‘un-gracious’ experiences of life
- the ‘ascension of Grace’ in Love
- can ‘anything/everything be different’ with Grace?
- extension of Grace into the world/creation
Schedule will allow for quiet times of prayer, reflection, journaling, and daily Eucharist. Handouts (including focus points for each film) will be available. For anyone interested, a new option will offer discussion times centered on our prayer and film experiences. (Please bring a Bible and notebook/journal)